Thursday, May 05, 2011

Tunes

As you may recall from some of my previous posts, it's been a battle to really get into a focused "zone" while studying Spanish.  Probably some of that is just my rusty study habits that were pretty much shelved after I was handed my degree however many years ago - ten(ish)?  Wow.

Anyways, I'm not sure what the difference is from the focus level I was able to achieve working on projects in the corporate world compared to studying a second language.  It's as if I've had to learn how to enter the "zone" all over again.  I won't bore you with the details, but the bottom line is that is seems to be coming along - which is encouraging.

Ok, I'll give you one detail - since it was originally the goal of this post :).  About a month ago, my tutor gave me a CD - to help me study Spanish :).  It turned out to be classic Spanish guitar music.


Now, I focus/study best when it's quiet.  Which is, for the most part, an unrealistic expectation in a city this large.  So, the next most effective option is to listen to classical music while studying - no words distracting me, good to go :).

And I recently heard about this guy (below).  He's apparently a pretty big deal in the classical guitar world as well.



I guess my tutor was right :).  Anyways, it's nice to be able to focus when studying since it directly affects my ability to speak, comprehend, and read.  So, thanks for praying for that - if you have been :).

No comments: